The weather is still very temperamental in Scotland. Hailstones, rain, gales, rainbows and sunshine. I`m confused and not sure when to have a BBQ these days. So today I have decided to make some INDOORS honey caramelized chicken wings in place of outdoor bbq wings. They are just as good with a slight char to them.
Make these wings indoors! All you need is a non stick pot or a non stick wok and 5 cupboard ingredients and you are good to go!
Hope this brings a taste of summer to our crazy so called start of Summer weather!
Prep Time: 8- 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
A box/ pack of chicken wings with drumsticks attached
50 ml hot water
10 g ginger
3 tablespoons clear honey
1 tablespoons ground nut oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 dashes white pepper powder
• On a low setting, heat a small pot with water and honey until it melts into a watery syrup. Mix well and set aside.
• Using a mortar and pestle, pound the ginger till a fine paste forms.
• Separate/cut the drumsticks from the wings.
• Heat a wok on medium/high heat. Add oil, once hot, add in the ginger paste, salt and pepper. Stir fry to release the aromas for 10 seconds before adding the wings and drumsticks.
• Brown the meats for 2 minutes on each sides.
• Add honey syrup into the wok, cover with a lid and simmer on a medium/low heat for 8 minutes. Lift the lid off and allow to cook for a further 3 minutes until the sauce thickens into a caramelized glaze. Serve.