Rice Krispies Treats 米 通
These Krispies treats are very popular during Chinese New Year and often contains peanuts and crispy seaweeds. If you don`t like seaweed then leave them out. Enjoy the peanuts and rice krispies all congealed into a sweet marshmallow treat.
You can easily find all the ingredients in your local supermarket apart from the seaweed and maltose. Those you can find in any Chinese local stores.
After a cooling period of 20 minutes, just eat them! Once they are completely cooled after a few hours you can store them in air tight containers and they are good to keep for a month. That’s if you don`t finish them in a week! Apart from that there’s actually nothing else I can say but just nom nom nom! Enjoy the treats.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 3-4 minutes
300 g rice Krispies
280 g mash mallows
60 g roasted peanuts
50 g soft butter
20 g crispy seaweed
2 tablespoons Chinese corn syrup/maltose
• Bring a wok to a medium/low heat, add in all the ingredients except from the rice krispies.
• Stir with a spatula until the mixture is melted. Add in the rice krispies. Mix well and quickly before the sugar sets.
• Transfer into a non-stick container or a foil tray. Place a layer of cling film onto the rice krispies in the container and roll it flat with a rolling pin.
• Leave to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes. Cut into squares, rectangles and enjoy.
I’ve never thought of making these myself before, will definitely try now! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
I see a lot of interesting content on your website.
You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work, there is a tool that creates unique, google friendly posts
in couple of seconds, just type in google
– laranita’s free content source
I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend
a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates
readable, SEO friendly articles in seconds, just type in google – k2seotips unlimited content
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.