Home-style Chicken tofu 家 常 雞 條 豆 腐
Soya tofu is known to be nutritious with health benefits. Tofu may be bland and plain for some but if you use the right ingredients to create a marriage of flavours it will be spectacular.
This is a popular dish among the Chinese households. Every family has their own interpretation, whether it is adding pork, beef, shrimps or vegetables creating a versatile dish for everyday consumption.
My home-style version is really simple. It is light on the palette and goes well with steamed rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
450 grams firm tofu
4 chicken thighs
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon groundnut oil
1 sprig spring onion
80 ml hot boiling water
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon chicken powder
2 dashes white pepper
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon corn flour
• Combine sauce ingredients into a bowl, mix well and set aside. Rinse tofu in cold water, drain, cut into bite size cubes, set aside.
• Wash thighs, remove skin, bones and discard, cut the meat into thick strips and set aside.
• Use a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic into a paste.
• Heat a clay pot or a non-stick pot on medium/high heat, add oil, once heated, add garlic paste and stir fry for 10 seconds.
• Add chicken strips, stir fry for 2 minutes. Add in the sauce, reduce the heat to a low setting and boil for 2 minutes with the lid on.
• Mix corn flour with water, add into the pot along with tofu cube. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle on chopped onions. Serve.
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.