Beef Stir Fry with Oyster Mushrooms 牛 肉 炒 蠔 蘑 菇
I have combined lots of oyster mushrooms in this stir fry as they go so well with soaking up the beef flavours. The outcome is not just a delicious dish but also a nutritious meal. Oyster mushroom contains minerals such as Iron, calcium and phosphorus which helps in building strong bones.
Oyster mushrooms also have medicinal beneficial properties: Anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral.
They also provide niacin, riboflavin and selenium. It is the Selenium which acts as an antioxidant, providing you protection from free radicals which causes cell damage in your body.
I hope with this extra information you will incorporate oyster mushrooms in your cooking and not just in this dish. Enjoy the health benefits and enjoy life!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
500 grams beef fillet
300 grams oyster mushrooms
5 grams ginger
2 garlic cloves
2 sprigs spring onions
50 ml hot water
1 and 1/2 tablespoons groundnut oil
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon cold water
1 teaspoon corn flour
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon chicken powder
¼ teaspoon salt
4 dashes white pepper powder
• Wash, pat dry and slice fillet into diagonally slices. Place into a bowl. Add in soy sauce, sesame oil, chicken powder, salt and pepper. Marinade for 10 minutes.
• Pound garlic and ginger into a paste using a mortar and pesto, set aside.
• Brush away any mud attached to oyster mushrooms. Wash under cold running water, gently squeeze to remove excess water and set aside.
• Heat a wok on high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Once hot, throw in the garlic and ginger paste and stir fry for 10 seconds until fragrant. With tongs, pick up the beef from its marinade and add into the wok. Stir fry for 1 minute and remove onto a plate.
• Add 1 tablespoon oil into the wok, Add mushrooms, and stir fry for 10 seconds before adding 50 ml hot water and the beef marinade. Mix corn flour with cold water, add into wok and boil for 1 minute.
• Return the beef back into the wok. Stir and cook for another minute. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions. Serve.